Friday, November 20, 2009

Stuff from the HC show last night....

Me and my good friend Benny and a woman who was doing a report on straight edge went to a hardcore show in Lund, Sweden last night. Both Benny and me knew people from some of the Portuguese bands who were playing. Besides the two Swedish bands Balance and Hårda Tider, the line-up was top quality bands from Faro, Portugal: Pressure, Broken Distance and Critical Point. I was really siked to see Pressure and Broken Distance. All three Portuguese bands included members from the infamous Pointing Finger, a very beloved band, that sadly isn't around anymore.
Here's a little picture from last night:


And here's what I got from their merch-table:


I never got around to order this one from React, so when I saw it here, I thought that I better grab it now. Great record, very straight forward!


I bought these for two different reasons. I got the Broken Distance 7" because what I heard on their Myspace page is simply amazing and I dug it right away. It's very generic and it's almost as if you can hear it's coming from the Faro-scene, if you're familiar with Pointing Finger and Pressure (This is a good thing!). They had black vinyl and this orange/black split - I figured this is the most limited, but I don't know?
I bought the Balance 7" primarily because of their show that night. I really endured their energy (especially their pissed off vocalist!) and their generic style of hardcore. I didn't know much about this band before going to this show, so I kind of took a chance with this 7" since it's always hard to judge a bands' sound from their live performance. It turned out to impress me when I put the record on the next day. It grew on me instantly, but then again I only had last night's live performance to compare it to. In Like A Loin is one of the best releases coming from Europe in a long time, and as Crucial Dave from Broken Distance said it during their show last night: "...Balance is probably one of my favourite European hardcore bands at the moment..."... It might not have been those exact words, but you get the point.

Last but not least I got a tour edition of the Pressure 7". This is limited to just 30 copies and I was lucky enough to grab one while they had them. It's an amazing hardcore 7" and these Portuguese people continue to impress me, and they're really cool and down-to-earth-people too. Very important. Here it is:


Limited tour edition #23 out of 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment