Saturday, November 28, 2009

Calm before the storm!

The following three packages is the calm. I placed a humongous order at a German distro this week, so they should be here next week! That doesn't mean I wasn't filled with anticipation when I got these records.

The first one actually came about a week ago, but I haven't gotten around to post it. I didn't really know much about Rise And Fall before a friend wrote in his Facebook status that their new record was awesome. I figured I better check it out, and boy was he right! I pre-ordered the record immediately from Deathwish, only to see that I didn't do fast enough to get the most limited color. Well, serves me right, because I had been sloppin' on some other pre-orders but made it get the rare colour. I guess I can't do that every time... Then again all them hc-kids are lying at wait in the Deathwish-bushes just to storm out and attack each time a pre-order comes up! Did someone say Converge pre-order??
Anyway, maybe I can make my piece with having this exact color, because it literally looks like the receiving end of the sewer on Thanksgiving:


You can tell it's a Deathwish release just be looking at the cover, which isn't a bad thing, but a little bit diversity would be nice.
This brown/bronze color is out of 700.
The one thing that got me into this release was how track 2 "Built On Graves" reminded me of my Black Metal period. That guitar-riff is evil as fuck! With that being said, my overall impression is that they put a lot of work into thge construction of the songs and that they have tried to make it a more diverse experience to listen to the record from frist to last track. Something which they didn't have as much success with on Into Oblivion imo.

Next thing up is my little mission to collect one of each of Bane's new 7" releases. Apparently some of them aren't being released on vinyl. As I understand it, they have/are releasing a total of 6 different releases, on 5 different labels. I don't remember the time in the titles of the releases, but they called, Dublin, Boston, Rome, Los Angeles, Perth and Tokyo. The last two is not out on vinyl. I got Dublin, have pre-ordered Rome, will pre-order Los Angeles and just got Boston today:


Ordered from Triple B Records. They require that overseas buyers order at least two items, so I grabbed the Downpressor 7" even though I might not have ordered it if this requirement wasn't there.
Anyway:
Downpressor - Age Of Ignorance (Green vinyl) /300
Bane - Boston 6:58 pm (Red vinyl) /700

Last but in the direct opposite of least is my Ebay winning for now; the last two Our Turn 7"s. I now have all three. Our Turn is an amazing youth crew band and I am annoyed to hell that these guys aren't around anymore!


Our Turn - Demo (Transparent orange vinyl) /??
Our Turn - Catch Your Breath (Clear vinyl) Posi-fest press, stamped /225

Catch Your Breath is easily one of the best YC 7"s in many years imo. It was released on the cool label Youngblood Records, which also released, along with React Records, Carry On - It's All Our Blood!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, man. Could you make scans of one of those Our Turn 7"s with lyrics and other stuff? Really need 'em, especially lyrics scan. Much appreciated.

    Here's my email where you can send scans or just contact me - xmunafx@gmail.com

    - Lenny.

    ReplyDelete