Monday, January 18, 2010


As for any dedicated vinyl collector, I've had my ups and downs regarding the amount of gold I spend on it and the amount of time flew out the window looking for a piece of vinyl I need. None the less it's all worth it in an irrational way, that few people would actually understand.
React! Records is one of the most active and alive labels around when it comes to YCHC, and when they released the pre-order for the vinyl issue of Carry On - It's All Our Blood I acted fast and got the limited red vinyl version (well, with that being said, I lost a nights sleep because of my inability to convert time zones!).
Anyway, because of an unfortunate delay, I finally got my record about a week ago and here it is:

Carry On - It's All Our Blood (Red vinyl /250)

I always try to keep up with updates about pre-orders from my favorite labels, and not long ago I found out that Six Feet Under Records, was doing a limited pressing of the True Colors debut full-length and a limited edition of their second release Rush Of Hope.
I am not a TC collector, nor will I ever be, but since I recently sold my regular copies of those albums, I just saw this as an excellent opportunity to get them back - in a cooler edition (although few things are as cool looking as the cover of Focus On The Light!)

True Colors - Focus On The Light (White vinyl w/ silkscreen cover /78)
Sadly TC broke up, but they announced that they're doing a final 7" and it will be available around March/April. I hope I can scrape enough money together to see them at the React! Showcase in San Francisco in April.

True Colors - Rush Of Hope (Yellow vinyl w/ silkscreen cover /79)

Their second and final full-length is somewhat of an exploding volcano of straight forward YCHC, with the distinct vocal like early YoT. When you put this record on, and then later read that it will be the final full-length, it really comes to mind that there is no justice when it comes to all! ;-) Maybe this was written for dramatic effect, but none the less the European HC-scene lost one of their dearest children.

Last but what was later discovered as NOT least, I pre-ordered the reissue of Title Fight - Kingston 7". I have always had a sweet tooth for melodic hardcore like Title Fight, Hostage Calm and Shook Ones, and this 7" might easily be the best one.

Title Fight - Kingston (Grey marble vinyl /97)

Also a Six Feet Under Records release. Not much to say about this one besides that it is one of the best melodic hardcore 7" I've heard in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment