Wednesday, February 17, 2010

CRR arrivals


I recently placed an order at Crucial Response Records - one of Europe's bearing hardcore labels - and only a few days later it arrived at my door. That was some time ago, but I haven't been able to find the energy needed to post it. Now I'm at my old folks place for a few quiet days, so I figured that now would be the time.

Ordering at CRR implies that most of the releases are from European bands, and here's a couple from the members who has been there almost from the start.

Profound - Integrity 7" (Black vinyl, CRR)

This was the band that started a lot. The family tree goes like this: Profound - ManLiftingBanner, Mainstrike - Birds Of A Feather. Profound turned a spark into a raging fire on European hardcore scene. This release, however, suffers from a poor sound, and to be honest I mostly got this for the historical reasons. Albeit this could have been produced better, it's still a damn good record.

Mainstrike - S/t 7" (Mint vinyl, CRR)

Mainstrike was perhaps one of the best hardcore bands in Europe (Portugal had some rad bands as well!) and this, their fourth release on CRR, is solid and generic as most of the American releases! Mint vinyl /405

Mainstrike - A Quest For Answers LP (w/ silkscreen cover, CRR)

First full-length release by Mainstrike. Pictured is the version with the limited silkscreen cover /97

Mainstrike - Times Still Here 7" (w/ silkscreen cover, CRR)

The debut by Mainstrike pictured with the limited silkscreen cover /102

Birds Of A Feather - Our Aim EP (Stamped labels, CRR)

Birds Of A Feather is the last remaining fort in the family tree mentioned above. This 7" was included in the Voice of a Generation zine #1 released by CRR.

Sportswear - What It Meant (Stamped labels, CRR)

I got acquianted with Sportswear quite late. My first encounter happened when I bought Voice of a Generation #2 where this 7" was included. I gave it a couple of spins and was hooked. Sportswear arose from the ashes of Onward - one of the best Scandinavian hardcore bands ever.

Brotherhood - Words Run... As Thicks As Blood LP (Black vinyl, CRR)

This is the best European hardcore release (Brotherhood is American, but released by CRR, Germany, hell yeah! We take credit for this one!). If you don't know this release, leave my blog now.

Hands Tied - S/t 7" (Black vinyl, Equal Vision Rec.)

I ordered this through Merchnow.com - the only place this is still available to my knowledge. Hands Tied include members of Mouthpiece and is just as rad!

No comments:

Post a Comment